TACA Craft Fair Volunteers
Volunteer at our upcoming TACA Craft Fair in Nashville’s Centennial Park!
TACA is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to help us accomplish our mission of encouraging, developing, and promoting craft and craftspeople in Tennessee. Our Craft Fairs attract 200 artisans, numerous food vendors, several community partners, and more than 45,000 individuals! These highly-anticipated events are successful due to dedicated volunteers. Join us and become a part of a true Tennessee tradition!
Scroll down to see if any of the descriptions fit how you’d like to help. Complete the application form (found in the box below) and check which day(s) and hours you area avaiable to volunteer.
We find three hour shifts work best, but are grateful for whatever you can give.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to having you involved.
If you are interested in volunteering in another capacity (in the office, on a committee, etc.) let us know! We'd love to talk to you. Email us:
- Coordinates volunteers and oversees the details of various volunteer activities
Pre-Fair Activities :
- Distribute posters and postcards in and around Nashville (three weeks before the fair)
- Set-up of operations (Thursday prior to event), includes: help unload truck, put up signage and banners, move tables / open chairs in tents, help set up Info tent with merchandise and organize area, clean signs and donation boxes.
- Check-In and Parking Ambassadors, includes: greet artists and check-in, explaining welcome packets, record artist license plates for parking identification, serve as TACA ambassadors and help artists find their designated booth space, advise on simple logistics, assist if some artists need help unloading, ensure vendors are not parking in customer spaces,
This is easy but important work. Helpful attitudes and smiles welcome!
During the Fair:
- Assist breakfast coordinator (from 7 - 10 a.m.)
Under the guidance of the Breakfast Coordinator, you will work with other volunteers to prepare and serve breakfast to exhibiting artists. Sample activities include: cutting fruit, toasting bread/bagels, serving juice, etc.
- Help in the Information Tent (various hours)
Volunteers in the Information Tent serve as a welcoming face to the Fair. Volunteers in this area work with the Volunteer Coordinator and recieve resources to best answer the questions of our guests and patrons. Information Tent volunteers may also assist with VIP activities, as needed.
- Booth sit to give artists a break (various hours, especially needed around lunch time)
Booth sitters serve a valuable role in our volunteer community. These individuals check in with the Volunteer Coordinator, receive instruction and then provide breaks to our exhbiting artists. This allows them to walk around, eat and enjoy their time at the Fair.
- General help (deliver morning news and shuttle service postcards, bring water to artists and other duties as needed)
We have a variety of other needs that crop up throughout the Fair. It is always helpful to have a few volunteers who are willing to jump in and help in any way they can.
To apply, fill out the volunteer application form above or email
for more information.